Fred's Texas Cafe
Serving authentic & meaningful dining experiences through beer, burgers & live music as guests form
lasting memories with family & friends - one sip at a time.
Fred's Texas Cafe (est. in 1978) is a bona fide burger and beer joint located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. It's a "chef inspired" marked in "Chuck-Wagon style" menu centered around selections found inTexas cowboy camps on the local ranches and farms. Fred's has been voted "the best burgers in Fort Worth" for the last few years by Fort Worth Weekly.
To maintain the authenticity & raw edge of Fred's Texas Cafe (FTX) while holding strong to their roots and culture, was the overall challenge. Over the past few years, sales had declined, their customer base died and the re-energized West 7th District, just west of downtown Fort Worth, was attracting a younger, more active crowd. So, I was tasked to maximize brand reach and frequency to rebuild, re-image and reintroduce Fred's (the rebirth of a brand).
I started by updating the brand look and establishing Fred's true DNA. This was guided by discovering what made up Fred's, via the five senses, which eventually led to the company's "Why/Purpose" statement. Once in place I redesigned the logo, developed a marketing strategy, designed all new collateral and enhanced bar/food promotions. I collaborated with the owners and the head chef, were we introduced a modified and fresh menu. Working in conjunction with a contractor, I was then able to rebrand all three Fred's locations, inside out... new signage, new furnishings, plate ware, table-top, wall decor and more. The updated brand eventually led to the revamping of all social media strategies as well as the implementation of an email database for on-going brand engagement.
• 113% growth in social media activity - Facebook & Instagram
• Steady increase in bar sales (mainly beer) at all 3 locations
• Implementation and consistency of marketing promotions including food/beverage/entertainment
• Best Burger in 2017 - FW Weekly
• Media awareness & publicity up 26% since 2017
• Best Queso/Chips & Hand-Cut Fries (Editors Pick) in 2018 - FW Weekly/DFW.com
• Events and Celebrations of 40 years in summer of 2018 with the remodel of the "original" Fred's location
• Brand Identity
• Logo Design
• Brand Messaging
• Brand Photography
• External Team/Vendor Management
• Website Design/Development
• Environmental Design
• Signage Design
• Social Media
• Local Store Marketing
• Beverage Vendor Partnerships
• Uniform & Packaging Design
• Event Marketing
• Promotional Pieces
• Print Collateral
• Marketing Strategy